Ronan Byrne earned a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Victoria and a Master’s degree in Clinical Counselling from the University of Seattle. As a resident of the Fraser Valley, Ronan completed an internship at the nearby Chilliwack Youth Health Centre and also counselled clients in the Sexual Health In Family Therapy (SHIFT) program.
During more than 26 years of service with the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC), Ronan provided intervention program delivery and supervision, counselling and risk assessments. Ronan is a regional trainer (Pacific Region) in Motivational Based Intervention Strategy, qualified Crisis Manager, and National level investigator. Ronan is also a Pacific region expert in motivational interviewing and an intervention programs supervisor focused on management of emotions, substance abuse, motivation, self-awareness, behaviour change, goal setting and thinking errors.
Ronan is also a former officer of the Canadian Armed Forces (combat diver).
As an athlete, Ronan played at the professional level in Rugby Union, is a 5 x Ironman Triathlete, Spartan competitor, marathon runner, and avid bodybuilding competitor.
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
- Society for Collegiate Leadership and Achievement
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Canadian Fitness Education Services (CFES)
- Canadian Fitness Alliance (CFA)
- Triathlon B.C Regional Head Coach B.C Summer Games
- Triathlon Canada Member
- Triathlon BC Member
AREAS of STUDY
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Positive Psychology
- Emotions management
- Substance abuse
- Intervention - Intervention programs focused on thinking errors, goal setting, behaviour change and development of mental toughness.
HONOURS / AWARDS